Wednesday, October 18, 2006

The Spirit of Success


Pamela White, a new HouseValues subscriber has a fantastic post on the HouesValues MastMind forum sharing her perspective and success with her system and leads:

“This is my first time on the forum and am intrigued to say the least. I read each and every entry and I am simply amazed. Since most of the responses have been negative I wanted to share some thoughts with everyone as well as my experience. I am relatively new to House Values and Just Listed. I joined in June of 2006. I have been licensed for 3 short years and started my own company in my first year of real estate. No one said it was going to be easy - I did it so I could live life on my terms. I do what I love and love what I do. I signed up for this program because from a business standpoint it would be crazy to pass up the opportunity! Here is why: based on the numbers I would have to close 4 deals a year and it would pay for itself. Anything above and beyond is a very nice bonus! But even more importantly I looked at it as a marketing expense. Even if I never closed a deal that was okay with me. Why? It's called TARGETED MARKETING! It puts me in front of 30 new prospects every month. For those of you who don't know, we are in the business of marketing! Have they all used me - no! Do they know I'm in real estate? YES! Have I experienced some of the same things as all of you? Yes, absolutely! Do I care if they are using me - no! As a consumer I want free things too! Do I buy from every salesperson I come in contact with? No. I buy from the one that consistently and repetitively gives freely of their knowledge and in the end asks for the sale. I guess what I am trying to say is when you put the customer first the money will follow. I have done nothing with the HouseValues and JustlListed leads - but assign email campaigns. I don't call, I don't visit, I provide them with what they need. When they unsubscribe I put them on a direct mail campaign. Your sphere of influence and referrals should be your main source of income. Lead generation programs should be supplemental income. I have closed 2 buyers - $5600 - and 2 pending buyers are set to close next month. I love HouseValues and Just Listed! I'm doing what I love."