Friday, August 11, 2006

Treat every prospective customer equally

Why is it important to treat every Internet lead equally? Because you really have no idea where thse leads could go, and what kind of business they could become.

Case in point: The below story from a customer today:


I have a buyer who came in to me with just a first initial and a last name. Wouldn't answer any initial follow ups via email, gave no phone number, nada...

On Monday, I got an email from a very nice lady telling me what she expects in a Realtor and if I would help her and her husband. Voila, 4 months later and I finally have a first name!!

So, I'm trying to get information out of her and she's being very vague. I told her it's OK to not talk in specifics right now, but bottom line is we need to get pre-approved for a loan. Turns out her father is a mortgage guy and her husband is a Seattle Seahawks player and they don't want Dad to know his income!!

Anyway, I thought it was funny! I've said it many times before, you just never know what type of leads you're going to get! They'll respond to you when they're ready and it'll be on their terms, not yours!