Thursday, September 14, 2006

Be a "MilkMan" Agent


HouseValues subscriber Bruce Hallock shares his "milkman" philosophy with other agents on the HouseValues MasterMind forum.

“I have been with JustListed since August and if your market in Colombus is anything like it is here in North Georgia, it’s slow. However if you want to make money sometimes you need to have the faith and spend money to make money.

For four years I have farmed with professional newsletters and post cards like clock work and never received thanks. This system of JustListed is supportive and I am happy to say at least I have warm leads to work with.

I read in Realtor.com that it takes an average of 25 internet leads to generate one sale and so it becomes a numbers game. My advice as a past sales trainer and national salesperson is to treat each prospect as if you were a milkman. When you make a commitment to follow up call or email the prospect back. Do it and let them know when you will follow up again and give them a date and time. Prospects will see that you are an agent who caring and trust worthy because you do what you say you are going to do.

Keep up the good work, it will pay off”.